Ultra 265, the New Era of High Definition Video Surveillance
Take the 4K camera as an example, common industry standard bitrates is 8Mbps for H.264. Hence 591GB storage space are needed for 24 hours video monitoring for 7 days. It is much larger than the storage space in a PC's hard disk. Meanwhile, the camera needs no less than 20Mbps bandwidth to support both live view stream and storage stream computing. It's much higher than the global average wire speed, and only slight less than South Korea which has the fastest wire speed in the world.
To balance the need for HD surveillance and corresponding storage and bandwidth cost, and to keep pace with the development from H.264 to H.265, Uniview spends enormous efforts to exploit HEVC coding standard, and finally invented the patent coding technique U-Code. The combination of U-Code and H.265 is the unique technology - Ultra 265. Ultra 265 is an end to end solution which can save up to 95% storage space and 75% storage cost, brings great convenience to users.
Ultra 265 - a deep compression technologyUnlike conventional video compression technologies which tries to reduce storage costs by sacrificing resolution and frame rate indiscriminately, U-Code chooses to use "IRP" (Intelligent Region Perception) to detect motion in each frame. Hence, scenes containing interesting information could be preserved while the other relatively static area such as lawns, white walls could be squeezed to save storage.
In order to reduce bandwidth, U-Code will stretch GOP (Group Of Pictures). Meanwhile, it uses V.I (virtual I frame) to ensure that media has a key frame that contains critical information so that the NVR can run the Frame Accurate Search and Quick Playback. We call it EF tech, equals to "Enhanced Frame".
By combining U-Code and H.265, Ultra 265 can squeeze up to 95% bandwidth and storage space.
Ultra 265 - brings great benefits to customers
Under the same configuration, Ultra 265 only costs one hard disk to store the same video record which needs four hard disk under H.264, saving 75% storage cost. Customers would benefit from both storage cost and deployment cost from Ultra 265.
Moreover, Ultra 265 retains the image quality enhancement brought by H.265, reduces the image distortion caused by code compression to a great extent, optimizes image blur, trailing smear and rough of stroke edge, and improves the accuracy of VCA. Besides the advancements list above, Ultra 265 also breaks the bottleneck of HD resolution. It enables customers to make full use of Super HD surveillance products like 4K under current bandwidth and storage deployment. Ultra 265 is the best choice for customers to enter into the era of Super HD.
Intelligent - Face recognition
- History Query - Support multiple characteristic query like gender, name, etc
- Multiple Channels - Support up to 4 channel real-time face recognition
- Shared Database - Support up to 5 black/white lists, 10000 face records
- Concurrent Business - Video surveillance and face recognition can be processed simultaneously
- High Accuracy - Professional deep learning algorithm, super high accuracy - 98 %
Intelligent - License Plate Recognition (LPR)
- Scalable - Available on all NVR
- Multiple Channels - Support up to 8 channel real-time LPR
- Miscellaneous Management - Support black/white list access control and history query
- Concurrent Business - Video surveillance and LPR can be processed simultaneously
- Vehicle Search - Support search by plate no, vehicle color and etc.
U-code technology is a part of Ultra 265 solution. Optimized deep compression technology